BVI International Finance CentreEvent development, management, PR and Branding
June 15, 2011
The Financial Services Challenge (FSC) was an annual regatta of fleet racing on matched IC24s (converted J24s). The BVI International Finance Centre was the title sponsor from the initial FSC launch in 2004. The trophy was the International Finance Centre Cup.
The concept behind the FSC regatta was to present an event that enabled all business members of the BVI financial services industry to socialize in an informal environment and to foster a sense of community beyond work and related formal functions.
Event Marketing and Publicity
As title sponsor for the event, the BVI IFC wanted to reap a significant publicity reward through appropriate marketing and publicity efforts.
Broadsword undertook the following marketing and PR activity:
- Press releases were drafted and distributed in support of the Financial Services Challenge 2007, picked up by local and international print and online media.
- Designed and distributed invitations to enter the event and to attend the weigh-in and champagne reception.
- Designed flyers and distributed to participating companies and industry partners to encourage spectator attendance.
- Organised the skippers’ briefing, weigh in and champagne reception with hors d’oeuvres held at the Royal BVI Yacht Club.
- Set up a branded slide show of FSC 2005 and 2006 for the weigh in and skipper’s reception.
- Designed, sourced and distributed branded promotional items were. These included canvas skipper bags, khaki caps, event t-shirts.
- Designed and sourced corporate and event branding for the skippers’ meeting and regatta village.